Judging by my site stats, Tips and Tricks Volume 1 got your attention. So, I’ve collected more tips for your HTC Desire. Here are 10 tips to improve battery life:
- Turn off Wi-Fi and GPS if you’re not using them. This will improve your battery life a lot (tested and confirmed!) You can easily toggle those settings with Power Control widget.
- Live Wallpapers – yes, they’re cool, but they also consume a lot of your battery power. Turn them off if you don’t need them.
- In Maps application disable Latitude option. Use it only when you need it.
- Use some task management application (search Market for Application Task Killer) to turn off apps you do not need.
- Some apps such are Maps, Facebook, Flickr, Footprints, Friend Stream use Maps (and GPS) and drain your battery. Turn them on only when needed.
- One of my friend has turned off GPS, Wi-Fi and Internet. He uses them only when he needs them. Battery life – 3 days and counting!
- Use Bluetooth only when you need it (once again, you can easily switch on/off with Power Control widget.)
- If you access to a access point (Wi-Fi) you should disable 3G. There is no need to have them both turned on.
- Lower screen brightness (once again you can use Power Control widget or manually check settings -> sound & display -> brightness.
- Disable always-on mobile data and you’ll save a lot of your batter power. Check Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile Networks and then uncheck “Enable always-on mobile data”.
Feel free to leave your comments below. Let me know if you have more ideas how to improve Desire battery life!